United Civil has considerable expertise in the design and construction of public roads and industrial pavements - completing some of the largest projects undertaken in Northland over the last decade.
Some of our recent examples are the:
- almost 20km extension of sealed highway in the northernmost region of mainland New Zealand on State Highway 1 at Cape Reinga, with a build cost of $23m
- construction of over 350,000 m2 of heavy duty pavement at Northport’s Marsden Point facility
- $15m extension of the Kamo Bypass on State Highway 1 in Whāngārei.
United Civil routinely undertakes road re-alignment and pavement rehabilitation projects for local authorities and the New Zealand Transport Agency.
We continually invest in and operate a fleet of modern plant and equipment like:
- graders with 3D machine control – to provide productivity improvement and an unparalleled accuracy of surface finish
- a mobile pug-mill to blend lime and/or cement into aggregate at any quarry – allowing us to cost effectively build robust, smooth pavements using environmentally friendly alternatives to premium basecourse or insitu stabilisation.
Our capability across multiple disciplines allows us to successfully complete the most complex road building projects, including those which require:
- construction of large reinforced concrete bridge and retaining structures
- the provision of extensive traffic management
- construction of new or relocated underground services.
All contracts are controlled by our experienced management and engineering teams, within the framework of formal quality systems. Our focus across thee contracts is on safety, external stakeholder relationships, build quality, timeliness and the outturn cost.