Do you have a passion for health, safety and the environment?
United Civil builds innovative civil construction projects, which sustainably benefit communities throughout the North Island. We support innovation, team work and doing the best we can every day.
Keeping our people safe at work and making sure they get home safely, is one of our key success drivers.
This newly created role reports to our Group Manager HSQE and works closely with our business and within our HSE team.
If you agree that people are a company’s greatest asset– then this role is for you.
Key tasks include:
- supporting the Group Manager HSQE and team with onsite HSE initiatives
- maintaining a strong safety culture and being a coach/mentor
- maintaining the onsite reporting system and promoting the importance of completing reports e.g. events, injuries, illnesses, near misses and new risks
- working with our teams to identify, eliminate and minimise risks
- completing relevant job safety and environmental analysis tasks as required
- ensuring that work completed onsite is aligned with our company’s values (excellence, people, integrity, innovation and collaboration).
We desire someone who has:
- a recognised HSE qualification or certificate (preferably level 4 or higher, but we will consider commensurate experience)
- a minimum of five years experience in a civil construction environment or similar
- previous site experience in HSE and quality auditing or inspection preferred
- an understanding of the Health and Safety at Work Act 2015 plus other relevant legislation and regulations that apply in a civil environment
- the ability to adapt to a changing and often challenging HSE environment
- excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
If this role sounds like you, please apply below or contact Cheryl Prince on 09 430 1281 to discuss this further.