Do you enjoy problem solving?
United Civil builds innovative civil construction projects that sustainably benefit the communities in which we live and work.
We seek an experienced heavy diesel mechanic that doesn’t mind getting their hands (or gloves) dirty and doing what’s required to keep the project/plant running.
You will need:
- To be a trade qualified diesel mechanic
- All-round experience on heavy plant (e.g. excavators, graders, rollers, loaders, trucks etc.) within the civil, mining or related industry
- A current, clean and full driver’s license with classes 1, 2, 4 and F, W, T, R endorsements
- Excellent problem solving skills
- To be efficient, well organised and a tidy methodical worker
Work may include, but not limited to:
- Servicing heavy and light vehicles/plant
- Water Blasting/cleaning down of equipment
- Dismantling and rebuilding plant (repair and maintenance)
- Basic welding repairs
- Minor electrical repairs etc.
- On and off-site repair and servicing of equipment
If you have most of the above, but not necessarily all, please still apply.
Our workshop has a small cohesive team, and this role is expected to assist wherever necessary to ensure that our plant is well maintained, serviced and ready for work.
We have work sites from Ngawha in the Far North to Auckland and everywhere in between so no two days will be the same.
If this role sounds like you, please apply today!