United Civil Construction is a leader in the civil industry and is looking for a dedicated Workshop Manager that has a drive for continuously improving our Company Operations. We have operations based in Northland, Far North and Auckland areas.
The role is exciting and offers the successful candidate the chance to come in and make their mark while continuously driving improvement within our Workshop team services. You will be responsible for managing and being part of a small team that delivers quality, timely repairs and maintenance services across our plant and machinery.
You will be a pivotal link in working across all United Civil teams to ensure that a high level of customer service is given. Your key customers will be Project and Senior Managers, and you will also work closely with the Plant Administrator in ensuring that day to day items (i.e. WOF’s, COF’s and RUC’s) are maintained across all plant and machinery.
The workshop is located in Whangarei, however from time to time you may be required to assist across other sites as needed.
Tasks and responsibilities:
- Managing a small team of Diesel Mechanics to ensure optimal delivery of plant and machinery services
- Ensuring that all plant and machinery that is being serviced is done safely and productively with as little downtime created as possible
- Tracking and reporting on plant and machinery work flows and where necessary identifying patterns such as repeat issues that may arise
- Creating a strategy to minimise down-time of machinery and plant, and continuously working to improve targets
- Making recommendations on plant and machinery spend in line with budget
- Understanding legal and safety requirements associated with plant and machinery
- Managing staff performance and training for the Workshop team
- Liaising with Suppliers and other providers as needed, including ordering of parts in a timely manner.
Skills and experience:
- Be a qualified diesel mechanic, with 3-5 years supervision experience
- Take initiative and problem solve when needed
- Be able to prioritise effectively and also adapt to changes efficiently when needed
- Civil/plant experience is desirable
- Computer literacy is required, i.e. Microsoft Word, Excel, Outlook
- A Class 5 Licence is preferred, along with WTR and Forklift endorsements
This role is expected to be hands-on in addition to managing the team; so if you don’t mind getting your hands dirty as well as using your management nouse, then this is the role for you.
If interested, please apply below or submit your CV and Cover letter to Cheryl Prince – Cheryl.Prince@unitedcivil.co.nz
Please note: This role is open to New Zealand Citizens or Permanent Residents.
Applications close: 30 January 2018
Please note: Our HR team is currently on leave from 23 December 2017 until 8 January 2018 and will be able to respond to any queries upon their return.