Do you enjoy problem solving and working within a team environment? Do you have New Zealand experience?
United Civil Construction is an owned and operated New Zealand Company which prides itself on being a great employer. With current and upcoming projects on the go, we are in need of a new Site Engineer to add to our current Northland team.
This position is based on our Refining New Zealand, Marsden Point operation, but from time to time, may be required to assist in other areas of Northland.
The Site Engineer will be required to work closely with the Project teams to ensure excellence in the operational and financial delivery of construction projects.
Liaising closely with the Business Manager there will be an expectation to ensure that designated areas are running effectively. The tasks include, but are not limited to; plant and people resourcing; liaising with subcontractors and other stakeholders as necessary (which may include customers’); working on plans, such as site, environmental, quality and safety; and also participating in group discussions to meet KPI’s and targets.
What we offer:
- Great room for advancement and training.
- A variety of team mentors with specialties across the Civil Construction area that are willing to share their experience and learnings.
- Competitive market rates.
- Variety of work, including but not limited to Civil Works (including Roading), Water Reticulation and other civil projects as required.
- Safe working environment.
- Great team environment.
- Interesting challenges to sink your teeth into and make a direct impact on.
Skills and experience sought:
- Bachelor of Engineering (preferably civil or similar).
- A minimum of 2 to 5 years of civil work experience on site.
- A current clean driver’s licence.
- A good health and safety work record.
- Structural Supervision and Quality Control experience
We are seeking individuals that are keen problem solvers and can hit the ground running in the contracting environment. Our Company is committed to providing an excellent customer service to all our stakeholders which lines with our values; Excellence, People, Integrity, Innovation and Collaboration.
We are seeking applications that are legally entitled to work in New Zealand, with New Zealand experience.
As part of our employment process, the successful candidate will be required to undertake a medical, which includes a drug and alcohol test, and is also subject to further testing in line with the Company’s Drug and Alcohol Free policy.